Through the generosity of the family and friends of Richard S. (Sam) Westfall (1924-1996), a distinguished contributor to the history of science as well as to life in the department, the faculty manages the Richard S. Westfall Fellowship for graduate student research travel. Graduate students in History and Philosophy of Science and Medicine are encouraged to apply to help defray expenses associated with off-campus research. The faculty may make two awards of $500 each, or a single award of $1,000. Meticulous documentation of expenses is required.
The deadline is October 1.
- 2020-2021 No Award
- 2019-2020 Stavros Roupakas
- Fall 2018 Jared Neumann, Kate Grauvogel
- Spring 2018 Rebecca Jackson, Meagan Allen, Ali Mirza
- Fall 2016 Sarah Reynolds, Kathleen Grauvogel
- 2013-2014 Kimberly Brumble
- 2012-2013 Klodian Coko
- 2011-2012 Ashley Inglehart, Kimberly Brumble
- 2010-2011 Klodian Coko, Tawrin Baker
- 2009-2010 Steve Lawrie, Emil Sargysan